Thursday, October 13, 2011

Still More Contemplations...In A Quiet House

This is what happens...you leave me alone and I'm gonna blog.  I think it's because I have stuff inside of my head that I need to get out somehow.  So, here we go.

I decided to blog about my new job tonight.  Since my first day there is tomorrow, I thought it would be a good time to share some of the thoughts I'm having.  Currently, I am employed at the Southern Tier Pregnancy Resource Center.  I love it there.  I love my co-workers and I love my position as Client Services Coordinator.  However, as God likes to do, He is moving me forward and He is prospering our family once again.  A few weeks ago, I received a phone call from Dr. Addams, a psychiatrist I worked for once before, asking me if I would like a position with her office.  She told me she was looking for someone to run her office for her and be the office supervisor.  After some prayer and consideration, I decided to take the position.

It's hard thinking about leaving the Center.  I remember when Robin hired me back to work there in January.  I was so excited!  It felt like I was coming home again.  It had been the only job that I ever really LOVED that way.  And in the nine months that I've worked there, there has never been a day when I didn't want to go to work.  There were days when I couldn't wait to go home...like around Banquet time.  But all in all, it's been a wonderful experience and I'm so thankful to have been given the chance to work there again.

God is definitely a God of prosperity.  And He is prospering me during the season of my life.  I'm in for a lot of changes in the next couple of months.  I'm excited to see where He will lead me.  And I'm so thankful that I have Him to guide me and direct my paths.

Now I have to think about going to bed while I mull over tomorrow in my head.  My concern is...I'm not going to be everyone's "favorite" person going into this job.  So, that is going to be a challenge.  I'm a very likeable, friendly person.  But when you are taking a position that is created for you to fill and the people below you basically BEG for the position NOT to be created, well...that's a challenge.  I'm praying that God will begin to give me wisdom for how to deal with those challenges from the moment I walk in there in the morning.  There has been a lot of faith placed in me because I've never supervised anyone before.  The closest I've come to that is training volunteers to see clients at the Center.  And even then, I've shied away from any type of confrontation with training them because I have not been comfortable with confrontation.  But, now I will HAVE TO DO IT.  I can sense God stretching me and I've been mentally preparing myself for that part of this job ever since I decided to take it.  I can also sense that this is all a part of God preparing me for something even bigger in my future.  I hope that something bigger includes eventually getting my Master's Degree.  That would be wonderful!

Anyhow, those are the thoughts for tonight.  Thanks for reading.  :)

1 comment:

Craig Colwell said...

I love you baby! You are going to do great. You are such an incredible woman, able to accomplish what you set your mind too. Dr Addams wouldn't have asked you to do this if she didn't think you could.