Friday, February 15, 2013

God Is My Healer

2 Corinthians 4:8-9:  We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed.

Last month I got a flu shot.  I was pressured incredibly by my mom, who couldn't believe I hadn't gotten it yet.  Everyone in my house had gotten it, but I rarely go anywhere, so I thought it would probably be okay if I didn't.  I finally gave in though, after being told I should "really get it because the flu is bad this year."  A week later, I got sick with something that resembled the flu.

I don't think I've ever been so sick.  It was awful.  There aren't many times when I have to call my best friend and say, "Hey, can you come and take care of Caleb? And make dinner for my family?  I feel like I'm going to die."  But that's exactly how I felt.  And she did.  God bless her.

I felt awful for about a week.  Then I started to come out of it.  I was still coughing, but with a little NyQuil I was sleeping okay.  Then I started feeling worse again.  The coughing picked up in frequency and severity, and the NyQuil stopped working.  In fact, it stopped even making me tired.  It did nothing for the cough.  I spent one night sleeping on and off.  The next night I ended up evicting myself from our bedroom so I didn't bother Craig.  I took up residence on the couch and slept on and off again.  He woke me up when he got up and sent me to our bedroom to finish the night there.

That was yesterday morning.  Yesterday I knew something had to be done.  I couldn't go on like this.  My clients are still needing work from me, and I don't have sick days.  I'm sure if I had needed to ask for more time from my clients, I would have been given it.  But, integrity is an important thing to me, and I hate asking to extend a deadline.  So, I pressed on.  I told Craig I needed to go to the doctor, and yesterday, he took me.

Thank God.

I was told that I did have the flu when I was sick a month ago, and in fact, I'm just now coming to the end of it.  However, in the mean time, the flu has birthed a double ear infection, bronchitis and a sinus infection.  I was given an antibiotic and cough medicine with codeine in it, or as I like to call it, miracle sleeping cough medicine.

Yesterday I spent some time reading healing verses out loud.  I declared them over my life, and I asked my Pastor to agree with me in prayer that I was going to be victorious over this sickness.  I'm so sick of being sick, and feeling yucky all the time.  I know that sometimes God uses doctors and medicine to heal.  I knew in my spirit that it was time to seek that out.  I am believing that God is going to take that medicine and move it through my body quickly, resulting in a fast recovery from this.

I know this is an attack from the enemy because it seems to happen when my work and my business start to take off.  I'm getting more work than ever, and I have clients for my business now.  God is prospering me and Satan knows what our intentions are with the money I'm going to make.  He doesn't want me prospered.  Well, my God is bigger.  My God is able.  My God is my Healer and my Protector.  My God is my Provider.  Satan already knows he lost.  He's lost this battle too.

I am choosing to believe in the Word of my God.

No comments: