Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Testimony

When God comes through, He really comes through.  His faithfulness is amazing.  And He is always true to His Word.

This past Sunday, we attended church and I was given another opportunity to, yet again, allow God to show me His faithfulness.  Craig and I are tithers.  God has always taken care of our family when we were in need.  And every single bump in the road that we've encountered has been a time for God to prove to us that He is our Provider.

At the end of the sermon this week, Pastor Spencer presented a piece of the vision for our church, which was to put up a beautiful sign on the building with our church name on it.  I knew how much we had left in our account because I had just updated our checkbook that morning.  But I distinctly heard God telling me to give almost all of what we had left.  Before leaving the sanctuary, I found an envelope and wrote it out for the amount that God told me to give.  Pastor prayed for a quick harvest for those who gave that morning for the sign.  I agreed with that prayer.  After all, we were going to need money to get through the week.  But God is our Provider.  If He wanted me to give that amount, He must have a plan.

Amazing things happen when you just do what God tells you to do.  It's an incredible feeling just to step out on faith and KNOW that God will take care of you.  This is a concept that means nothing to the world.  My mind automatically came up with a list of things that I could do with that money this week.  I thought about the stuff that I still needed to buy from the store.  I thought, "What if Craig needs more money for gas before he gets paid again?"  And then the suggestion came:  "Well, I wish we could give.  But we're just one of those families that can't give right now.  God understands that."  What if I had listened to those thoughts in my mind?  What if I had walked out of church that day and not followed what God had directed me to do?

This afternoon, I watched as God turned that small seed into a BIG harvest.  He took the small amount I gave that morning and multiplied it x10 right back into our checking account.  I am still kind of reeling from the shock.  But I'm not surprised.  As I continue to be faithful to do what God tells me to do, I continue to see His power and provision amplified in our family.  I think back to so many other times when God was faithful.

After I got divorced, I began praying for my future husband.  I spent time writing love letters to him, a man I didn't even know.  Yet, I believed that God had someone for me.  Little by little, God began revealing to me little tidbits about the man He had picked out to be my husband; so much so, that by the time I would meet him, I would know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this was my future husband.  And when I met Craig, I knew.

God provided Craig with a job when he desperately needed one just to put a roof over our heads.

God answered my prayer for a baby by blessing me exactly how I asked Him to, in the year 2009, and He gave us Caleb.  While I was pregnant, it was discovered that I had a 10cm tumor in my uterus.  God healed that tumor and by the next ultrasound, it was nowhere to be seen.  That little boy is a living testimony to the greatness of our God.

God provided us with a van when we needed one before Caleb was born.  And He provided us again with a van when the first one was on it's last wheels.

When my dryer broke, God knew I had to have a dryer in order to do laundry for six people.  I asked God for a dryer and then I thanked Him for a dryer.  That week, God provided my dryer.

There are so many blessings I could list.  I never want to lose sight of them.  There is absolutely NO REASON not to trust that God has everything in His control.  I have learned so much about faith and about trusting God to do what He says He will do.

There's another blessing in the works from my Heavenly Daddy.  I'm not going to disclose it here right now. But you'll be hearing about it.  Because God is good.  His plans are perfect.

And because I'm His kid.

No comments: