Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Update...On All Things ME!

I thought I should post an update so the world knows what's up with me these days...

Well, I had my sleep study, which was the first test I had to undergo for my surgery.  It was a difficult night to say the least.  I had six electrodes attached to my head, a few on my face, two on my chest, two on each leg, and two different kinds of hoses up my nose.  And then they said, "Now go to sleep".  Difficult.  But apparently, I did sleep for a little while.  It was enough time for them to get the data that they needed.  I spent the next day being entirely exhausted and by the end of the day, I was hallucinating...just a little.  That day was my last day working at the Center.  It was nice.  They took me out to lunch at Garcia's and Robin gave a really nice gift (a box of chocolate).  I know that I will miss working there.  But I am also excited about where God is leading me next.

Yesterday was my first full day of working at Dr. Addams' office.  When I walked in, I was greeted with "You should get settled in because we have lots to tell you!"  Oh, boy.  The day was full of that kind of thing and I did my best to muddle through.  I ended up working late because the evening receptionist wasn't coming in and they were starting a new evening receptionist yesterday.  I might not be a seasoned veteran, but I was in charge and I couldn't let her stay there alone all night on her first day.  So...I worked 9-7:30ish last night.  On my first day!  Whew!  It was a toughie.  But I did it!  And I think I scored some more points with Dr. Addams for my work ethic.  She gets very impressed when you go the extra mile.  I am enjoying the busyness of her office.  The day, although long, did seem to go by quite fast.  And there's always something to do.  Which is good.

So, now I'm on to day two.  I don't think this one will be a long one.  It should be a regular day.  At least, that's what I'm counting on!

This Friday the day will be full of lab work and tests and psychiatric examinations.  All of the stuff I have to still get done will be finished Friday and then I believe they will schedule my surgery.  Looking forward to that part!

No comments: