Friday, January 11, 2013

Procrastination

I have to be honest with myself.  I struggle with procrastination.  Each day, I find it difficult to get out of bed. I'm not sure why that is, but I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that it's difficult for me to get to sleep at night.  That's not entirely "nature's" fault.  Sometimes I spend too much time on my cell phone, reading ads on Craigslist or looking at Facebook.  Last night, I couldn't believe when a whole hour just flew by and I was still looking at stuff on my phone.  Of course, Craig is sleeping beside me...he falls asleep so fast.  Last night I think it was record speed-about 90 seconds.

Each day I struggle.  I was doing pretty good for most of this week.  I was showered and dressed by the time Matt went to school.  Today...not so much.  In fact, I'm still in my pajamas.  I'm planning on taking a shower when Caleb goes down for his nap.  Then I'll have to spend some time writing.  I'm just not feeling it today.  I don't know why.  It's kind of a blah day.

I know I need to start spending more time in prayer.  I kind of feel like my spirit is tired.  There's so much going wrong in the world right now, and I think it's messing with me a little bit.  I don't usually pay too much attention to the news.  Craig is good about filling me in on stuff.

I don't want to rehash all of that stuff here.  Nor do I want to go over it in my mind.  I just know I need some motivation.  Somehow.  I'm just struggling today...

No comments: